My name is William Ransom, and my family and friends call me Junior. I have been the Community Energy Champion for Atikameksheng Anishnawbek since August of 2019.
In my role, I focus on energy initiatives that can benefit the community. This includes developing a Community Energy Plan (CEP), coordinate and provide education opportunities to the community with energy efficiency. We have several active projects that are occurring beyond the development of our Community Energy Plan. There are 2 feasibility studies in process that relate to green energy to help guide our future with energy generation.
Phone: (705) 692-3651 ext 1154 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presently, there are a couple of feasibility studies that we will be seeking community input. We are looking at tangible and innovative ways to increase green energy that will benefit the community. Ultimately, these studies will determine the best strategies for increasing green energy and provide a “roadmap” to implement the most feasible strategy that will help reduce carbon emissions.
Please watch the newsletters and this site for our community engagement sessions.
Surveys Related To Energy
This area will contain surveys that can be done at your convenience. My goal is to provide surveys that are quick and simple to complete. The information is related to energy consumption, energy conservation and how energy can be designed and used in future projects.
There are no surveys at the present time.
|Web Sites to find Energy Efficiency Information|
|https://www.ieso.ca/||IESO||Monitors Ontario hydro generation and estimates consumption in real time to ensure sufficient power to end users across Ontario. Sell excess energy to neighbouring provinces and the United States that border Ontario. Provide programs related to energy efficiency.|
|https://live.gridwatch.ca/home-page.html||Gridwatch||Provides real time power generation data.|
|https://buildersontario.com/energy-efficient-home||Ontario Builders||Provides information related to building and energy efficient homes.|
|https://www.iso.org/iso-50001-energy-management.html||ISO||Provides standards that are internationally recognized. ISO-50001 standard is specific to Energy Efficient Commercial buildings.|
|https://www.hydroone.com/rates-and-billing/rates-and-charges/electricity-pricing-and-costs||Hydro One||This site is specific to the current hydro rates for Time-Of-Use billing.|
|https://www.oeb.ca/consumer-information-and-protection/electricity-rates#tou||Ontario Energy Board (OEB)||The OEB is the government agency that regulates and enforces energy business in Ontario.|
Web Sites For Information On Energy Efficiency Designations
- Geo-thermal – https://ontariogeothermal.ca/
- LEED – https://www.cagbc.org/our-work/certification/leed/
- Net-Zero – https://www.enerquality.ca/certification/
- Passive Home – https://www.passivehousecanada.com/passive-house-building-certification/
Energy Efficiency Programs Available
- Home Efficiency Rebate – https://www.enbridgegas.com/residential/rebates-energy-conservation/home-efficiency-rebate
- Home Efficiency Rebate Plus – https://www.enbridgegas.com/residential/rebates-energy-conservation/home-efficiency-rebate-plus/faq * There is a questionnaire to help guide you to which program you qualify for.
- Home Winterproofing Program – https://www.enbridgegas.com/residential/rebates-energy-conservation/home-winterproofing-program
- Save On Energy Program – Note that the Save On Energy Program is available through Enbridge and Hydro One websites
- Energy Affordability Program – https://www.saveonenergy.ca/For-Your-Home/Energy-Affordability-Program
- First Nations energy programs – https://saveonenergy.ca//en/First-Nations-Energy-Programs
- My Energy Plan – https://saveonenergy.ca/For-Your-Home/My-Energy-Action-Plan
Ontario Energy Board (OEB)
- Ontario Electricity Support Program – https://www.oeb.ca/consumer-information-and-protection/bill-assistance-programs/ontario-electricity-support-program
- Low-income Energy Assistance Program – https://www.oeb.ca/consumer-information-and-protection/bill-assistance-programs/low-income-energy-assistance-program
NRCan – Multiple Programs
Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Ontario First Nation Technical Services Corporation (OFNTSC)