- This event has passed.
YMCA Employment Services
February 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST
INFO SESSION ON THE PROGRAM FEB 17 AT 7PM.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Delivered by the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario, S.C.Y.L.D. aims at supporting youth facing complex barriers in successfully navigating the labour market and transitioning into sustainable employment by developing skills and employability through the delivery of Employment Skills Training, Quality Employment Opportunity, and Accredited Skills Training interventions.
Employment skills Training
- Employment-related workshops
- Develop fundamental, personal management, and team work skills
– between 15 and 30 years old (inclusive)
– Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or protected person
– legally entitles to work in canada and according to provincial regulations
- 3 Weeks – 35 hours per week
Quality Employment Opportunity
- Paid work experience according to field of interest
- 5 Weeks – 35 hours per week on average
Accredited Skills Training
- Assistance in obtaining training through an accredited institution to improve job-readiness and provide job qualifications needed to reach youth’s employment goal
- PSW, Business Fundamentals, DZ certification…
- Offers 100% reimbursement of participant’s wage (@minimum wage) during a 5-week quality work experience
|Contact us today for more information!|
- Ongoing support to the employer to assist with developing training goals as well as on-the-job coaching
- Contribute to the professional development of youth in our community
YMCA of Northeastern Ontario – Employment Services