- This event has passed.
Walk or Run to Quit
November 24 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm EST
An event every week that begins at 4:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until November 24, 2020
TUESDAYS Starting October 20th
12:00pm: Virtual Workshop on Zoom
4:30pm: Run/Walk meet at Health Centre
What is Walk or Run to Quit? Walk or Run to Quit (WRTQ) helps commercial tobacco users quit smoking by learning to walk or run 5 km! WRTQ is a partnership between the Canadian Cancer Society and Running Room with funding by the Public Health Agency of Canada. Over the course of 10-weeks, participants will receive step-by-step, leader-led instruction to build their walking/running stamina while also cutting down or quitting smoking. The program is for all fitness levels and the step-by-step approach makes it easier to quit smoking by becoming more active. Walking and running can help smokers cope with discomfort and cravings while cutting down or quitting.
WRTQ helps participants sustain behavior change by providing:
● Access to evidence-based commercial tobacco cessation information and resources
● Opportunities for peer-to-peer support
● Personalized quit smoking & walk/run support delivered by a community-based leader
● Referrals to Tobacco Cessation Specialists at Smokers’ Helpline for phone or online
● Motivation to create new patterns of healthy behaviours.
Walk or Run to Quit will provide participants with the following:
1. FREE enrollment in the program
2. Up to 10 weeks of FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
3. Access to quit smoking and walk/run tools & resources
4. Web-based training dashboard
5. Referral to Smokers’ Helpline
6. Running Room gift card
7. + MORE!
Who can Join?
Program registration is open to anyone over 18 years of age that is a commercial tobacco user or who has recently quit smoking within the last 3 months.
Get started on your journey to better health today.
To learn more and register today, contact:
Community Physical Activities Programmer-
Demi Mathias firstname.lastname@example.org 705-690-7346
or Lisa Marie Naponse: Lisa-marie.Naponse@nminoeyaa.ca 1-705-862-1114